The Group Exercise program works through a pass system. The pass is purchased in addition to your membership.
- Visit either Center's main Member Services Desk.
- Complete the appropriate forms and paperwork.
- Purchase class pass.
- Collect and save receipt, this is your proof of purchase.
- Take ANY class on the Group Exercise schedule within the dates listed on your pass.
- Present photo ID & trial class pass receipt or group exercise pass at "group exercise check-in" location (Vassar Member Services Desk at Zesiger Center; Main Member Services Desk at Wang Fitness Center).
- Request a ticket for desired class (no more than 30 minutes before start time and NO LATER than 5 minutes after the class has started). Tickets are handed out on a first come-first serve basis observing group size limits.
- Present ticket to group exercise instructor in order to enter classroom.
- Late arrivals may not enter after the warm-up has been completed.
- Participation is not permitted without a ticket for the desired class.
Group Classes: Full refunds will be given to participants registered for a class that is cancelled and to those who withdraw from a class eight or more days before the scheduled start date. Participants who withdraw within one week of the scheduled start date will be eligible for a 50 percent refund. No refund will be given to persons who withdraw from courses within one day of or after the scheduled start date.
Group Exercise Trial Class Policy:
Patrons may purchase a group exercise trial pass for $10 for one class offered on one day. Trial passes may be purchased for any group exercise class (as shown on schedule). Patrons that purchase a trial pass and decide to upgrade to a full Group Exercise Pass may have the price of the trial pass credited to their purchase within the same session with valid receipts. Non-members must also purchase a day pass. Teens age 13 - 17 (accompanied by a parent or guardian) who wish to participate in the group exercise program must be evaluated and instructed by an instructor on lifting technique and safety in a gym environment. Qualified teens may participate in the group exercise program when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
FREE Drop-in class options (no group exercise pass required):
Members do not need a group exercise pass to participate in the following classes:
|Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Body sculpt in the Tclub
|Tuesday and Thursday
Cardio Combo Wang Fitness Center (Tues/Thurs)
Non-members must purchase a day pass. Participation procedures and class limits apply.
PE Points Option:
(See the MIT PE website for more detailed instructions)
Join the Group Exercise Listserv!
Get up to date MIT group exercise schedule changes and information in your email inbox!
Summer Hours: Jun 10 - Aug 16, 2013
Mon - Fri: 6:00 am - 9:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
Mon - Fri: 11:45 am - 9:00 pm
Sat - Sun: Closed
View Changes in Operational Hours
Quick Schedule Links:
News & Events
Staff Picnic-Temp Closing06.19
1:30 - 3:30 pm - The Zesiger and Alumni/Wang Center will...Read more...